In the begining.... there was no one to know who I was until I created this blog, immediately words arose, ideas started flowing the best of my thoughts and knowledge were placed here.....

Thursday, November 24, 2005

Snow!

Its pristine white once again!
Within an hour the cold, gloomy and nasty German winter has transmuted into a carpet of white with a soft and inviting glow. There is something fresh and comforting about the first snowfall. Maybe because it sets in the mood for Christmas - the best time of the year! It calms down everything....casts a spell of friendship and warmth.
Each year, I have waited for this first day of snow as much as I used to wait for the first rainfall and the sights and sounds associated with it.....
In 2001 November, I saw snowfall the first time in my life. I was amazed and awestruck by its serene beauty. Excited as we were, we played until midnight till fatigue brought us back to bed. Since then, each year has been an encore of those few hours of childish joy once again....(I just got back from one a while ago!)
Having enjoyed four snowy decembers, I have come to love "White Christmas" and appreciate Bing Crosby's number "I am dreaming of a white christmas...." evermore. Somehow snow brings a spiritual flavour to christmas, although I wonder if the Son of God ever actually got to see or play in snow!
Tomorrow we plan to build Frosty the Snowman...

3 Comments:

Blogger Alex said...

White Chrsitmas is my dream since long! Have fun!

November 29, 2005

 
Blogger JP said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

November 29, 2005

 
Blogger GSai said...

So how was 'white christmas'? Back here in Chennai, we were dreaming about a 'dry' christmas ;)

January 04, 2006

 

Post a Comment

<< Home